Photo of the Week June 26,2010

Last weekend, we went to the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle for Artopia, a celebration of music and the arts. As is usually the case in Georgetown, there were many interesting people and photographic opportunities. You can see some of my footwear shots at the Photo Review Group blog. For more info on the goings on around Georgetown, check out Blogging Georgetown

As the evening began to wear down we came upon an art show of emerging artists in a gallery across the street from the old Rainier cold storage building on airport way. Coming up to the entrance I saw this elderly woman through the window - a cross between Mother Teresa and Grandma Moses. Her image beneath the reflection of the cold storage building immediately struck me as Gothic and intriguing.

I took about 5 shots from different angles with different architectural features reflected. This is my favorite.

Comments