Bus tour of the Port of Tacoma
- Time Wednesday, October 27 • 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Another tour will be offered: Friday, Nov. 19 at 10:30 a.m.
- Location The Fabulich Center, 3600 Port of Tacoma Rd., Tacoma, WA
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the monster machines that move cargo during a free, 90-minute bus tour of the Port of Tacoma.
- Space is limited and reservations are required. Children age 6 and older are welcome. Photo identification is required for passengers 17 years of age and older.
- Reserve your seat by calling (253) 383-9463 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dusk at the Port of Tacoma
The ship in the foreground is the Horizon Consumer. To track the ship's current position, click here.
Vessel's DetailsShip Type: Cargo
Year Built: 1973
Length x Breadth: 220 m X 29 m
DeadWeight: 25651 t
Speed recorded (Max / Average): 22.1 / 17.2 knots
Flag: USA [US]
Call Sign: WCHF
IMO: 7224306, MMSI: 368600000
According to the Port of Tacoma Facebook Page -
"The Horizon Consumer will be "parked" at the south end of the APM Terminals dock for the next month or so. In late November it will begin carrying freight to and from Alaska as a substitute for the Horizon Kodiak. The Kodiak will be going into dry dock for maintenance."